- Strategic management and implementation of the Corporate health and safety standard an d performance measures.
- Oversee Corporate health and safety programs designed to train and motivate personnel to minimize occupational accidents, injuries and hazards.
- Coordinate the development and implentation of Health and Safety Plans, Documents and Systems including, but not limited, to Emergency response, Incident Investigation, Business Continuity, HSE Management System, Behavior Based Safety Programs, and Internal audit programs for all Compnay Assets, including liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals, pipelines, and new Projects as nexessary.
- Direct and support Terminal and Pipeline HSE Managers in the implementation of the health and safety programs, procedures, and guielines for construction, operations and maintenance activities.
- Monitors and reviews all new Health and Safety regulatory initiatives and ensures compliance with existing regulations dealing with health and safety. Review all major captial projects and other projects to ensure compliance with health and safety-related regulations.
- Develop a comprehensive, logical and coherent emergency response philosophy with policies and procedures aimed at safeguarding personnel and resources at the LNG terminals and pipelines.
- Oversee and support safety initatives and activties at asset locations such as emergency response procedures and safety drills.
- Support and coordinate health and safety needs and programs for long-term constrution projects. Including close coordination with EPC contractor leads, and communication to Corporate Management on safety trends. Offer suggestions and feedback to EPC contractors on observations and potential areas of improvement.
- Audit EPC contractors on the implementation of their respective HSE Management Systems while working on projects.
- Participates in the development of the annual O&M budget and cost control process, specifically costs related to health, safety, training and fire protection.
- Represent the Company in industry association meetings, and at other meetings pertinent to LNG. Educate the public on LNG by speaking to civic and professional organizations.
- Coordinates with Human Resources on HS staffing-related activties including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, discipline, development, training, promotions, etc.
- Minimum of ten years of related experience with at least seven years of management experience. Recent terminal operations or relevant experience including health and safety. Experience designing, documenting, implementing and testing safety procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or relevant techinical discipline. Certification in safety (CSP), industrial hygenie, or enviromental management.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agendies.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activties and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presenations.
- Reports to VP, Health Safety, and Environmental
- Direct reports include:
- Industrial Hygiene Specialist
- Manager, Health and Safety
- Job is performed in a both a typical office environment and construction sites.
- Required to travel to Asset locations, as buisiness conditions dictate.
Subject Line: Director of Health and Safety